Monday, January 31, 2011

How to Spell Success

AFC Championship Pep Rally in Times Square

J-E-T-S! Jets!  Jets!  Jets!

Time Square was lit from end to end in green and white for the second AFC Championship Game Playoff Rally on Thursday, January 20th!  For the second year in a row the New York Jets are in it to win it!  Hundreds of fans turned out to send the high-flying Jets to dominate the Pittsburgh Steelers!  Chris and I were among this crazy green crowd with higher hopes than last year!

Fans of all makes and molds showed up with rally towels (some even in costume).  The green mob was alive and ready to spell out everyone’s favorite New York football team!  People brought huge signs (that blocked most of my view), decapitated Pittsburgh Steelers’ heads, stuffed animals dressed in Jets gear, and baby dolls painted green.  I came in a green coat, so I was safe, too. 

The rally had a huge line-up of guests including Mayor Bloomberg, Fireman Ed, owner Woody Johnson, General Manager Mike Tannenbaum and a performance by Ready in 10.  It was amazing to hear the roars of the pack of fans and be apart of something so huge two years in a row.  We screamed every time Fireman Ed instructed and booed every time the band played (trust me, you would have, too).  However, the highlight of the evening wasn’t the foam fingers, it was hearing the entire crowd chant, “Plow my snow!” during Mayor Bloomberg’s entire speech.  Only in New York

Chris and I got there too late for the totally awesome foam fingers, and no matter how cute I tried to be, none of the middle aged men were giving them up!  How rude, I know, but I feel like I should have expected that.  As I left empty handed, I had hopes of another pep rally two weeks from now for Super Bowl XLV! 

Let’s go Jets!

No comments:

Post a Comment